Bath (Hybrid Working)
A new role as Management Accountant has become available in this expanding company due to a period of growth. You will be joining a small but growing team where you will be given the support and training needed to succeed.
This is a great opportunity for a nearly or newly qualified Accountant who is looking for a varied role that they can make their own and add value to the company.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Assist in the production and maintenance of the monthly management accounts with commentary, ensuring they are relevant and timely.
- Production of monthly cost centre reports against budget, helping management to monitor costs and understand anomalies and variances.
- Reconciliation of foreign currency bank accounts, supporting Operations where necessary.
- Prepare month end sales MI reporting pack for management and the sales team.
- Manage the payroll process to ensure prompt payment of staff, including quarterly sales bonuses.
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns.
- Assist with interim and yearend audits liaising with external auditors.
- Lead and deliver finance projects as requested by the FC.
- Constantly challenge existing practices and processes and suggest improvements.
- Assist management and other business areas with regard to ad-hoc financial queries.
What we need you to bring to the role:
- Nearly or Newly Qualified Accountant ACCA/CIMA (essential).
- Excellent drive with ability to work unsupervised under own initiative.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Strong IT skills- particularly advanced Excel knowledge.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to tight deadlines.
- Sage 200 standard (desired).
- Hybrid working
- A company who values and invests in their employee well-being
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Supported and encouraged professional growth and development
- Regular social events
- Flexible dress code
- Private Medical Scheme
- Income Protection Scheme
- Group Contributory Pension Scheme
- Technology and Cycle to Work Schemes
- Internal Mentoring Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs
- Various corporate gym membership rates
A full job description can be provided on request.